Wednesday, October 19, 2016

23 weeks & 3 days

Today was my appointment with the high risk doctor.  I love getting to see our baby girl.  She looked great and is right on schedule.  Lots to be thankful for.  She needs to continue growing and gain weight. We need her to stay put until 30 weeks.  I'm 23 weeks 3 days today.

My job requires me to be on my feet a lot.  The doctor wants me to have a desk job, which I don't have.  So, he placed me on medical leave for the duration of my pregnancy.  It is bitter sweet.  I love my job and have been so dedicated for so many years.  However, from the beginning of this journey, I have always said that my baby comes first.  I know that this is what is best for baby girl.  I kind of knew this was coming, but it is still going to take some time getting accustom to it. 

I think what makes this so hard is not knowing if baby girl is going to be okay.  Ever since the cerclage, I have been scared about a premature birth.  Throughout this pregnancy, I've continued to think, if I can just make it to 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 20 weeks, etc.  Now I am realizing that these mini-goals are never enough.  My new goal is 30 weeks.  I'm sure that if/when I reach that I will have a new goal.  I just want my little one to be healthy and strong. 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment