Saturday, October 8, 2016

Feeling Excited

We announced our pregnancy on facebook yesterday.  It felt good to share our good news.  Most people knew, but there is something about being totally open about it.  Lots of people are happy for us.  It feels good to have so much positive support.  

We had a follow up appointment on Thursday.  It went really well.  Looks like the cerclage was successful and definitely the right decision.  We had another ultrasound.  Baby girl was in the fetal position and sleepy.  We did get to see her wiggle a little and her heartbeat was great.  She also cooperated, so they were able to get her spine measurements.  Everything looked perfect.  It felt good to have a positive appointment.  I feel much more optimistic after meeting with the doctor.  He gave us a lot of reassurance.  

I have always wanted to do one of these silly updates below.  I am so happy that I finally feel comfortable enough to share.

Sleep: I'm exhausted when I get home from work.  I go to bed much earlier than I did before I was pregnant.  My ribs get sore, so there is a lot of tossing and turning.  Some nights I can fall back asleep and others, I seem to be up for a hour or two.  Not to mention waking up to go to the bathroom 2-3 times a night.

Symptoms: Sometimes I still get queasy, but at least the vomiting has subsided. For months I was getting sick 3-5 times a day.  

Best moment of this week: Going to the doctor and seeing our little girl again.  I love ultrasounds.

Miss anything:  I miss sleeping on my belly. I miss having an appetite.      

Movement: Lots of little kicks. I love to feel her move.  Nothing too big, I think due to my anterior placenta.  

Food cravings: Roast beef deli sandwich.  My husband already knows he needs to bring one to the delivery room.  

Anything making you queasy or sick: The thought of ground beef & the smell of fish.

Gender: Baby girl!!!!!

How's your mood? Depends on the day.  Feeling more reassured now. Sometimes I get scared of what could go wrong.  I have to remain optimistic and visualize good thoughts.  

Looking forward to: I have Oct 13th & 14th off work.  My husband booked me a massage for Oct.13th. Our next appointment is Oct 19th.    

The Bump: It seems so big to me, but friends and co-workers keep commenting how little it looks.  I'm still below my starting weight. I lost 10 lbs. from all the morning sickness and have only gained back 4.5 lbs. so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment